Your privacy is important to us. It is Smart Battery Technologies Pty Ltd’s policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://smartbatterytechnologies.com.au/, and other sites we own and operate.
Personal information is any information about you which can be used to identify you. This includes information about you as a person (such as name, address, and date of birth), your devices, payment details, and even information about how you use a website or online service.
This policy is effective as of 21 December 2021.
Last updated: 21 December 2021
Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details about your visit.
Additionally, if you encounter certain errors while using the site, we may automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information relating to the problem. You may or may not receive notice of such errors, even in the moment they occur, that they have occurred, or what the nature of the error is.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
When you visit our website or interact with our services, we may automatically collect data about your device, such as:
- Device Type
- Operating System
- Geo-location data
Data we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information which may include one or more of the following:
- Phone/mobile number
- Home/mailing address
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Register for an account
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to provide you with our platform’s core features and services
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website
- to contact and communicate with you
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- to consider your employment application
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
Please be aware that we may combine information we collect about you with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers, or analytics platforms
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
- third parties to collect and process data
International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and/or processed in Australia, or where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If the changes are significant, or if required by applicable law, we will contact you (based on your selected preferences for communications from us) and all our registered users with the new details and links to the updated or changed policy.
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
Before using our software, please read this document carefully to ensure that you fully understand the terms of this agreement before choosing to accept or not accept the agreement. Your use will be regarded as acceptance of this agreement. This agreement stipulates the rights and obligations of Smart Battery Technologies software service between Dongguan City Lithium Electronics Co.,Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Dongguan Daly”) and the user. “User” refers to an individual or company that uses this software. This agreement can be updated by Dongguan Daly or Smart Battery Technologies at any time. Once the updated agreement terms are announced, they will replace the original agreement terms. No further notice will be given. Users can check the latest version of the agreement terms in this APP. After modifying the terms of the agreement, if the user does not accept the modified terms, please stop using the service provided by Smart Battery Technologies immediately, and the user’s continued use of the service will be deemed to have accepted the modified agreement.
In order to provide you with more accurate and personalized services, during your use of this service, we may collect your location information in the following ways. This statement explains the use of information in these situations. This service attaches great importance to you For personal privacy protection, please read the following statement carefully before you use this service.
2. This service requires the following permissions
1）Bluetooth permission application. The application is Bluetooth communication, you need to turn on the Bluetooth permission to communicate with the protection board hardware.
2）Geographical location data. To provide you with services, we may receive your device’s geographic location information and location-related information by storing it in your mobile phone and through your IP address.
3. Description of permission purpose
1）Smart Battery Technologies uses the Bluetooth function to connect to the battery protection board. The communication between the two devices requires the user to open the location service of the mobile phone and the location of the software to obtain permission;
2） Smart Battery Technologies Bluetooth permission application. The application is Bluetooth communication, you need to turn on the Bluetooth permission to communicate with the protection board hardware.
4. Protection of users’ personal privacy information
This service obtains mobile phone geographic location data for the necessity of the normal use of this service. This service promises not to disclose the user’s location information to third parties.
1. You are reminded to pay attention to the clauses in this agreement that exempt Dongguan Daly from liability and limit user rights. Please read carefully and consider the risks independently. Minors should read this agreement accompanied by a legal guardian.
2. If any clause of this agreement is invalid for any reason or without fear of enforceability, the remaining clauses are still valid and binding on both parties.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details: